Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Wealthy Wednesdays: Child Welfare Edition

Welcome to Wealthy Wednesdays, where we spotlight one item from a high-end catalog that will surely make you want to kill yourself.

Today's item is this pretty porcelain bank from Scully and Scully.

This beautifully sculpted, handpainted porcelain bank from England's Halcyon Days has a rubber stopper on the bottom. 5 3/4"L x 3 3/4"W x 4 3/8"H.

At $425.00, I have to wonder, is it shatterproof? Because the average child is not going to see this and think, "Oh, my. That is truly lovely. I shall place it upon a high shelf where it will be safe until I'm old enough to resell it on eBay."

2 comments:

Love in the Dumps said...

awesome. imagine all the animals you'd kill when throwing it against the wall.

Chris said...

I used to break my toys as a kid. This thing wouldn't have had a chance.