Friday, May 01, 2009

Crap Crap

There are some things that are so beyond stupid to me that I get exhausted just thinking about them. I know I have to post them, but I need a few days to get over the initial shock.

This is a set of kitchen tools for people who don't own a knife or a food processor. Or maybe they do own a knife, but don't have access to Food Network or the Internet, and can't figure out how to do it, so they just give up buy this crap instead.

Let's start with the stupidest one first, shall we?

Is grating cheese just too boring for you? Then let the Kitchen Cruiser take you back to your infancy. Drive it over a block of cheese like a car and it grates as you go, spitting grated cheese out the sides. Can you imagine that mess?



And here we have the Chop Chop. Put all your chopables in the Chop Chop and then push down. The blade chops everything "without stuff flying all over the kitchen." If this happens when you cook, I'm never coming over for dinner.



Here is our lovely Chop Chop in action. Looks like a jellyfish to me. Gross gross.



Okay, I don't care how well designed this thing is; in the wrong hands, the Pear is going to slit somebody's wrist.



And there you have it. It seems like these are just concepts at the moment, because I can't find any pricing info online, but I'll betcha they're a little overpriced for kitchen gadgets you'll use once or twice before reaching for the scissors to cut up your credit cards.

No comments: