Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Fire and Water: Soooo Relaxing.

I saw this at Jack's World at lunch yesterday and gasped aloud. Why am I alone when I see stuff like this in person? I was shocked to find it online by doing a Google search for "cheap, tacky, shit sold at Jack's World on 45th Street." It looks even cheaper in person. I wanted to gather them all up and put them in the toy aisle. Clearly their stock associate made a mistake.


Somewhere there's a joke in here about this thing putting itself out, but I just don't have it in me today. Do you?

Unique LED lighting creates a realistic candlelight effect. Helps you relax with soothing sounds of water. Attractive design suitable for any decor. Compact, tabletop size. Polished river rocks included. Convenient table top size measures 7 1/4 Inches Long x 7 1/4 Inches Wide x 8 Inches Tall $19.95

2 comments:

Neil Russell said...

The price tag is about the most unbelievable thing. I can't think of anything I would rather have than a gizmo that costs $20 and brings to my tabletop the soothing sound of a leaky faucet.

Now the confession. The wife found one of these with little Tiki gods on it at Walgreen's for $5 and brought it home. That's how I know about the leaky faucet sound. Of course the Tiki one isn't as high tech, it's got a real candle at the top.

S* said...

My brother and his wife got that for my mother last Christmas. I sh*t you not. I actually put it together...meaning, I opened the little plastic baggie of rocks, spread them around and poured the water in.

I am not ashamed.