Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Twinkie Tuesdays 5: Burrito Boy


"I have always loved Twinkies with chocolate and strawberries. One day while at my wife's Mexican restaurant, I tried wrapping the mixture in a tortilla so I could eat it with my hands. Even though my wife laughs at me, Twinkie burritos are delicious, and now all of her employees and I are hooked!"
PETER SHERIDAN, WASHINGTON, D.C.


Twinkie Burrito
4 (10-to 12-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate sauce
4 Twinkies
2 cups sliced strawberries, or 1/2 cup strawberry preserves

Drizzle one side of each tortilla with the chocolate sauce. Place a Twinkie on top of the chocolate sauce in the center of each tortilla. Top each Twinkie with 1/4 cup of strawberries. Fold the tortillas over the Twinkies and roll up like a burrito.

Come on, Peter, your wife has a Mexican restaurant and you're still eating Twinkies? I'm embarrassed for you. I'd have lied and said it was my "mommy's" restaurant, not your wife's.

(Cut to 400 pound Peter permanently seated near the kitchen door of the restaurant, snatching plates away from the waiters as they come out)

3 comments:

David said...

that's disgusting. What's wrong with people?

poody said...

Now just put that sucker in the frybasket and we got ourselves a good little treat there

pinknest said...

if he had chimichanga-ed it, i thiknk i actually would've tried it.