Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Twinkie Tuesdays 4: Revenge of the Easter Bunny


"I've always been a loyal Twinkie fan. I originally came up with this recipe as a way to get our children seated and quieted down after they finished their Easter egg hunt. It's become a family tradition. By changing the food coloring and decorations, you can use it to make something special for any holiday."
MAXINE FRANK, CLEARWATER, FLORIDA

Twinkie Easter Egg Hunt
10 Twinkies
Spray food coloring in a variety of colors
3 (7-ounce) jars marshmallow creme
20 maraschino cherries, well drained
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup jelly beans
1 (5.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
3 cups milk

(Are you grossed out yet?)

Spray the Twinkies with the food coloring, using a variety of colors. Cut each Twinkie in half crosswise.

Spoon the marshmallow creme into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish, covering the bottom completely. Arrange the Twinkies cut side down in the creme, leaving the tops sticking up and out of the creme so they look like Easter eggs. Decorate around the Twinkies with the maraschino cherries, chocolate chips, and jelly beans.

In a bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk and stir according to the package instructions. Chill until thickened.

To serve, spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of the pudding into each bowl. Scoop up a Twinkie along with some of the marshmallow creme and candies and add to each bowl.

Dear Maxine,
If you'd like to get your kids "quieted" down, I'd suggest a nice beating, or some kind of restraint like rope or handcuffs. Also, the off-the-charts sugar content in this will be like rocket fuel in their little bodies. Try turkey instead.
Thanks,
Chris

p.s. - This is why Florida keeps getting hit with hurricanes. It's crap like this that pisses off the Easter Bunny.

17 comments:

you are boring said...

no one comments on this so why dont you just give it up...you are not that witty and these things are not that wierd...

and to include twinkies just shows your desperation

and I bet this is the only comment you will get for the next three days...

Chris said...

Oh, well, that settles it. This is my last post.

Chris said...

Oh, the irony. A boring comment to tell me how boring I am.

Loser. You're probably eating a Twinkie right now.

Steven said...

Not to sound defensive, but I comment. All. The. Time.

And, I read YMAL every day.

Chris said...

I love you, Steven.

Take that, faceless dipshit commenter. I'm sure there will be more comments on this blog that will prove you wrong. Viva YMAL!

YAB said...

you and your friend chatting on the comments hardly counts....

MARIA said...

You are boring; You said Chris is not that witty so does that mean that he's a little witty? Can the reason that you don’t find these things weird is because you're probably furnish your apartment with all this "wierd" crap. I bet you have a subscription to the Harriet Carter Catalog. You're also betting that this will be the only comment for the next three days, so this mean that you are regular visitor and are constantly checking for posted comments? I think you're the one who's desperate and if I knew who you were I would BETCH slap you.

Love,
The Dominican who would kick your ass!

Chris said...

Sorry, yab, I didn't read the fine print. I didn't know there were restrictions. Go fuck yourself. Does that count as a comment?

I wonder, though, why would someone come out of the blue and make personal attacks about me and my blog, rather than just not say anything? Why not just go away?

Why don't you say what you're really getting at, "yab"? Because I think I know who you are.

eleni said...

Honestly, "yab", just the fact that you are commenting at all means you are reading the blog...and if you didn't think Chris was at least a bit witty, why read it?? And, just a little fyi, if you really don't think he's witty and are reading it anyway, you are more than just a little dim, my friend. Most intelligent people don't waste their time reading things that don't inform or entertain them...let alone take up more time leaving multiple comments...oh wait, I said intelligent people...carry on then...

Slinky Redfoot said...

YAB - tell us one unique, original thing you've done in your ENTIRE LIFE, much less everyday as Chris does here? Yep, thought so. You pathetic leach.

eleni said...

Hi, Slinky...what's happening?...been a while since we've had to all join forces to purge an idiot from the internet...brings back great'a tomat'a memories...I feel a tear...lol

YAB said...

most comments you have ever had in your life and all because of me...LOL

Chris said...

And still, like a stalker in some Lifetime movie of the week, you come back for me.

For the record, the most comments ever for one post topped out at 60. So you've got some work to do, phantom commenter.

Slinky Redfoot said...

I love these battles. Somehow I think they bring out the best in Chris :)

eleni said...

...they most definitely bring out the best in Chris, and they are quite entertaining...ahhh, but confrontation brings out the "best" in many of us...{{evil grin}}

..and Steven...I read YMAL all the time, too...keep commenting...no need to defend ANYTHING!

Chris said...

Actually, the rage did wake me up. So watch out.

Slinky Redfoot said...

HE'S GOT THE RAGE! Man i wish they'd come out with 28 Days Later 2