Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Rhymes with Push


4' Half Upside Down Corner Tree Evoking a 12th century Central European tradition of hanging a tree from the ceiling at Christmas, this unique 4' pre-lit fir attaches to your ceiling, allowing more room in less-spacious areas for the placement of furniture or more decorations underneath. $139.95

I was all set to skip over this because I thought, "Who am I to criticize an old tradition that predates me?" But then I saw something. I won't tell you what it is, but I'll help you figure it out for yourselves. Look at the picture and squint. What do you see? And I'll bet that had something to do with how this tradition came to an end.

5 comments:

poody said...

I actually have seen some trees like this and they are kind of cool but you would have to have a really large vaulted ceiling to do this. I was thinking last year about doing a tree like this as a protest to Christmas with baby doll heads among other things to hang off the branches!

eleni said...

babe, I looked, I squinted...I still can't see what the heck you're talking about...lol

eleni said...

hahaha...just figured it out...must be the medication...lmao

Slinky Redfoot said...

Does this mean you have to stuff stockings with Playboy?

Chris said...

Yes, Slinky.