Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ursula, Your Table Is Ready


It's a lamp! It's a table! It's multi tasking! Disk and column in natural aluminium, table top in clear or satined glass. Screen in thermographed metacryl with frost effect surface. Base holds and hides electric cable management. Closed shade diameter 39", opened 52". The height is 59". A lamp with foot of turned aluminum with transparent coating is also available, 14"h; lampshade also in metaacryl.

No, I don't know what "metaacryl" is, but I'm guessing it's some kind of plastic. I won't even bother with another Guess How Much, so I'll just tell you all that this overwrought stupid "lamp/table/artsy fartsy "what-the-fuck" costs a revolting, nauseating $3888. And no, I did not forget to put a decimal point in there.

I'm also not impressed with how this works. You want to impress us? Make that shade levitate over the table, instead of cracking open like some stage clamshell prop from the Little Mermaid.

No comments: