Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Twinkie Tuesdays 2: Fish Slap


Welcome to the official start of Twinkie Tuesdays! The formula is the one you know and love: the original content (in this case the complete recipe), plus my commentary in bold. Enjoy!

"I often use Hostess products in my crazy food recipes. They're a great art supply. I love sushi and thought it would be fun to have sushi for dessert. It's nice to serve Twinkie Sushi at a dinner party on a Japanese tray or bento box with chopsticks. Guests will laugh while they enjoy a refreshing fruity dessert at the same time."
CLARE CRESPO, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA


Twinkie Sushi

4 pieces green fruit leather, sliced into 1-inch wide strips
6 Twinkies, cut into 1-inch pieces
Assorted dried fruits, cut into small pieces
Assorted chewy fruity candies
4 to 6 pieces of dried mango, cut into strips

One at a time, wrap the fruit leather pieces around the Twinkie pieces. Place the wrapped Twinkies upright on a serving tray or in a bento box.

Place the dried fruits and candies into the creme filling. Garnish the tray with strips of dried mango to resemble pickled ginger. Serve with chopsticks if you wish.

Wow, this really is one crazy recipe: sugar wrapped around sugar topped with more sugar. And did she really say that Twinkies are a great "art supply"? First April Vandecamp, now Clare. I think they're all going to get bitch slapped by the time I get through these recipes.

To see the entire list of Twinkie Tuesday recipes, click here

2 comments:

pinknest said...

"guests will laugh..."?!?! i somehow feel that's not the best phrase to include in a recipe. anyway, i'm intrigued and will try this for my next party.

Chris said...

Oh, my God. Please tell me if you do this.