Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Twinkie Tuedays: Faux-jitas


(Blogger's Note: In showing the Twinkie cookbook to my mother over the weekend (she recoiled in horror), I left it at her house, so the "official" start of Twinkie Tuesdays will be next week, I promise. For now, enjoy this sickening recipe I found online. It's just as bizarre and nasty as the ones in the book, so don't feel like you're getting cheated. Plus, this recipe requires for the Twinkies to be mashed, which makes it that much more disgusting. Enjoy!)

Twinkie Tacos

By April Vandecamp
Items Needed:
2 Hostess Twinkies (mashed)
2 Flour tortillas
Ground cinnamon
Sugar
Marshmallow whip
Maraschino cherries

DIRECTIONS: Fry tortilla in buttered frying pan until crispy and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Spread mashed Twinkies on tortilla and top with with warmed marshmallow whip and colored cherries! Ole!"

What's your honest reaction to this recipe?

a) it's not a taco, not even close.
b) there's no cheese! wtf?
c) I'm going to throw up
d) Oh my God...
e) I'd rather eat that plate.

I think April could use a good bitch slap April for adding "Ole!" to the end of her directions. And not that I care, but what's the second tortilla for? Do you slap it on top and make a bastardized quesadilla? Or do you roll them both around the mess and make faux-jitas?

1 comment: