Friday, October 26, 2007

Fiber Optic Fridays: I Should Have Just Stolen It


Light up the night and party like there's no tomorrow with this brilliant fiber optic party light. Fiber optic strands rotate around the base which features flashing lights inside. Plugs into standard outlet, UL listed cord. 14 1/2"H. Price: $14.99

When I was a kid, my aunt Georgia and Uncle John had this incredible thing in their house. I was mystified and spellbound by it. Now, because it was very young, I didn't know what it was, but I wanted it. I hinted that they should give this object to me, but to no avail. They loved it more than I did. I would learn many years later that this mystery object was a fiber optic lamp, very similar to the one shown here, but with a round silverball for a base.

Now that I'm an adult, I've grown to despise any kind of fiber optic decoration. Maybe it's just bitterness from my childhood? I don't know. That's for my therapist to answer. If he ever returns my call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fiber Optic Fridays RULE!!!

-IBBB