Monday, January 08, 2007

Politics Stink


I don't normally get political, but I thought this was worth noting. As New Yorkers freaked out over a mysterious gas smell, our fearless mayor was quoted as saying, "It may just be an unpleasant smell."

So, it's like a really bad chili fart, then? Whatever. I'm sure it was nothing, even though it was bad enough to evacuate several buildings, including the Empire State Building and Macy's. (I do get some sick pleasure out of the Macy's part, after having to elbow my way through an ocean of idiotic, rude tourists to get my watch resized last week.) And I'm sure we'll never know who or what is responsible for this, just like that mysterious maple syrup smell that freaked everyone out last year. PR at it's best.

3 comments:

S* said...

This morning they said it was swamp gas from the Meadowlands in Jersey.

Swamp Gas.

Chris said...

Of course! And swamp gas is entirely new, so that makes sense. I also enjoyed the "weather phenominon" theory, because that was also the first overcast, rainy day in New York City history!

Eve said...

Yeah, what was that? I was out and about all day, and didn't notice anything. Hmm...