Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jumbo John, You're Cleared For Landing

(Big thanks to Greencan on this one) Anyone who doubts the obesity epidemic in America should take a good, long look at this, the 747 of toilets. With a little searching, I found the official site for the manufacturer of these super shitters. Great John If you're too scared to click that link, here are some photos for you to enjoy. First, we have the standard model, for home use. It has a 2,000 lb capacity. List price: $1,899.00.



Eat out a lot? Sure you do. The good news is that the Mega Toilet (no, not the real name) is also available in commercial form, for airports, hotels, hospitals, and your local McDonalds, where they know you by first (and last) name. List price: $1,232.00

Talk about elaborate staging. Are we supposed to believe that this is actually some obese person's bathroom? This is beyond misleading. First, the space between the tub and the toilet has been greatly exaggerated, to make the Mega Toilet look "normal" by comparison. Second, there should be handrails everywhere. Third, where is the enabling spouse who does absolutely nothing to stop the overeating? And don't start complaining that I'm being cruel, just watch the Discovery Health channel.


Mr. and Mrs. Enabler. Further proof that obesity is no "accident."


And finally, this lovely animation to drive it all home. Enjoy that bacon cheeseburger you'll be having tonight.

7 comments:

Slinky Redfoot said...

holy crap this is genius. Thanks to greenCAN ! get it? CAN?!

Slinky Redfoot said...

my co worker just told me a story about his friend's mom, who was huge with a MASSIVE ASS. One day, his friend broke down and told my co worker that his mom had to SHIT IN A BATHTUB!! She could've used to Jumbo. Yep. Target audience.

Chris said...

I totally get it. I didn't want to insult her because she's awesome.

S* said...

Oh my god that animation! Absolutely priceless.

pinknest said...

this is so vile. and they're so expensive!!

greencan said...

slinky- I thought we were friends!

chris-I'm glad you found the picture of that couple! I'm nominating them for the new mascots!

Chris said...

Greencan - I'll make them honorary mascots--or have a rotating gallery. Does anyone know how to do a slideshow?