Friday, January 04, 2008

How to Piss Off a Mugger


Scene: dark side street, Meatpacking District, New York City.

Victim: Ina Seifart, designer of the Timeless Bracelet.

Mugger: Bitch, gimmie your watch or I'll blow your fucking head off!

Ina: It's not a watch. Look. It's the Timeless Bracelet. See?

Mugger: What the fuck is that?

Ina: Sorry, you must be poor. I'll explain it to you, then. Our society has become increasingly vain and superficial. Watches have become more than a mere way to tell time, but rather, as fashion accessories, so I am making a statement about that. I'd gather you would know about that since you asked me for my watch right away, but you see, it's rather useless, really. I suppose you can have it then
(takes off Timeless Bracelet).

Mugger: I don't want that piece of shit, bitch. Gimme the Prada purse and Gucci shoes!


YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Guess How Much: Jewelry Edition

Timeless Bracelet Ina Seifart, 2006 Seifart plays with the trend in which watches are increasingly being used as fashion accessories rather than as a way of telling time. This timeless bracelet is made from stainless steel and has a traditional fold-over clasp. $115.00 [MoMA]